Coated Wire Stripping Systems
For laser removal of coatings on insulated magnet / enameled wires. Eliminate traditional methods using hazardous acid baths by switching to clean and efficient laser technology.
Laser Stripping Coated Wires
This system was designed to remove coatings on enameled / magnet wires through an ablation process—replacing acid baths and other wire damaging processes. Lasers can remove coating types, such as polyimide, urethane, lacquer, formvar, and others in just a few seconds. Two CO2 lasers are used to cleanly ablate these coatings without any damage to the underlying wire. Systems can be designed for window stripping, end stripping, and reel-to-reel stripping. Custom solutions available to fit your specific needs.
- Dual CO2 lasers for on-the-fly laser ablation of insulation on copper and aluminum wires
- Vaporize insulation coating types, such as polyimide, urethane, lacquer, Kapton® and formvar
- Aluminum frame and paneling for long-lasting industrial use
- Air-conditioned unit for laser controller and CO2 lasers
- Mobile configuration for easy relocation of the machine
- Fume extraction system for filtering vaporized coatings
- CDRH Class I laser workstation with emergency stop push button and laser-safe viewing window
- Touchscreen display
- CMS LaserGraf5 software with Windows® 10 64-bit operating system
CMS Laser Coated Wire Stripping SystemDownload
Coated Wire Stripping
Remove thin polymer coatings, such as polyimide and formvar, used on copper and aluminum wires. These wires require their coatings to be removed before soldering into electric engines and certain medical devices.
Through an ablation process, enameled wires are stripped of their coatings using dual lasers on opposite sides of the wire. Window strip, end strip, or continual reel-to-reel stripping available.
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with Control Micro Systems has been very easy. They have been attentive to our needs and worked to help us tremendously with our older model machine and new machines. We are pleased with the performance of their machines.
Working with the entire Control Micro Systems team on our project was a pleasure. CMS was capable of meeting and exceeding our goals. They successfully designed and built a machine which increased our throughput by 550%! We are so glad we chose to move forward with CMS.
CMS have been excellent partners in the development of new, complex equipment for our business. CMS built multiple machines for us. Each machine had a different purpose, however the CMS team worked openly & honestly with us to agree on optimal solutions for each one.
We Partner With You
To Develop Solutions, Solve Problems, & Create Efficiencies.