Application Development Lab
From UV to IR wavelengths, our applications development lab features over 20 different lasers, optics and motion control units. Send us your material for a free sample evaluation by our experts.
- All laser wavelengths available for testing—including nanosecond to ultrafast pulse widths
Determine If Your Process Is Feasible
Our Applications Lab is our first step to providing you with a custom laser system that meets your manufacturing or research needs. We can determine most solutions through a free sample evaluation, but if your requirements are complex and require long-term research, we’ll offer you a contract.
We invite you to visit our Applications Lab, meet our engineers and see the most complete laser laboratory in the industry. Our facility even includes a research area where you can use our extensive in-house resources.
In-House Material Testing & Analysis
- Vanadate lasers — 355 and 532 nm, up to 20 W
- Low-power fiber lasers — 1064 nm, up to 50 W; variable pulse widths (4 to 200 ns) and beam modes
- High-power fiber lasers — 1,070 nm, with 3 kW peak pulse power, 0.1 to 10 ms pulse widths and programmable pulse energy curve
- CO2 lasers — 10.6 μm, from 5 to 250 W; RF-excited and slab varieties.
- Femtosecond lasers — 515 and 1030 nm, with 400 fs pulse width
- Thulium fiber lasers — 1,940 nm up to 120 W
- CO2 lasers — 9.4 μm up to 400 W
LASERS AVAILABLE WITH ADVANCED NOTICE
- Solid state lasers — with alternate wavelengths (213, 266, 375, 405 and 1,064 nm), powers (milliwatts to tens of watts) and lasing media (Nd:YAG)
- Fiber lasers — higher-power MOPA and CW
- CO lasers — 5.5 μm
For each wavelength, we maintain an extensive collection of optics and accessories, including scan and fixed heads, telecentric, F-Theta and simple lenses, beam expanders, collimators, beam splitters, mirrors—and more. Our lab even contains several high-power microscopes and imaging systems with process inspection and feature location capabilities.
This vast portfolio gives us greater flexibility when solving your production or research challenges.
Our Applications Lab is equipped to handle motion on the fly and large format applications. Our workstations incorporate rotaries, actuators, gantries, robots and motion tables. Various gasses are also available, including argon, nitrogen, oxygen and exotic gasses.
Along with our in-house mechanical engineering department, software department and machine shop, we create custom computer controls, unique fixtures and prototypes—creating the most complete solution for your production.
- Plastics — marking (color change, engraving and embossing), drilling (percussion and trepanning), cutting, welding (transmission, butt, lap, clear-on-clear) and converting (annealing, softening, curing and polishing)
- Metals — marking (engraving, etching, polishing, oxidizing and coating removal), drilling (percussion, trepanning and blind hole), cutting and welding (butt, lap and spot)
- Glass — marking (internal and surface), drilling and cutting (scribe-break, perforating, ablation, zero-kerf, ClearShape™, tip-off and tube closing)
- Ceramics and composites — marking, drilling and cutting
- Printed circuit boards (PCB) — marking (solder mask and devices), cutting (depaneling and resistor trimming) and circuit etching
- Pharmaceutical tablets — marking (color change and engraving) and drilling (tops and sides)
We regularly develop new applications for industrial lasers, and our staff is committed to using them to solve your toughest manufacturing challenges—all while improving your speed and lowering costs.
Our laser systems incorporate the latest innovations in industrial laser manufacturing technologies available today. Thanks to our knowledge and extensive resources, our engineers can develop a laser system that meets—and exceeds—your performance and productivity goals.
Control Micro Systems Expands Laser Applications Lab Capabilities
Test Your Products At No Cost In Our Applications Development Lab
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with Control Micro Systems has been very easy. They have been attentive to our needs and worked to help us tremendously with our older model machine and new machines. We are pleased with the performance of their machines.
In the three years ACR has owned the CMS laser, it has worked flawlessly. In the few instances where ACR needed support in programming, CMS was quick to respond.
We at ACR Electronics, Inc. (ACR) are using the Control Micro System (CMS) laser to engrave a 2D barcode on our FR-4 printed circuit boards. The barcode is used for traceability so that ACR can accurately track the history of the PCB, with precision and reliability being our utmost priority. In the three years ACR has owned the CMS laser, it has worked flawlessly. In the few instances where ACR needed support in programming, CMS was quick to respond.
We Partner With You
To develop solutions, solve problems, and create efficiencies.