Laser Wire Marking Systems
From ultraviolet to infrared lasers, our solutions are optimized for marking your specific wire insulation and to meet the demands of your process.
Our laser wire marking systems are designed for on-the-fly marking of wire insulation. Replace your existing ink-based process with the power of hot light. This non-contact method reduces consumable costs and provides a reliable, permanent source for identifying wires.
- Ultraviolet laser source—other wavelengths available based on applications lab testing results
- Optional dual CO2 lasers for stripping wires
- Optional mechanical blade for cutting wires to specific lengths
- Ergonomic arm with monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchscreen display
- CDRH Class 1 laser system with laser safety window
- CMS LaserGraf5 software with Windows® operating system
- High speed on-the-fly (OTF) marking throughput in excess of 120 inches per second
- Vertical and horizontal text marking
- Various fonts and sizes
- Infinite variable end mark distances
- Identical text marking on each wire or optional programming
- Automatic serialization, date code, time stamp, and wire length of each wire upon request
- Optional CO2 laser stripping sources
- Variable strip lengths from 0 to 4 inches
- Stripping of shielded twisted pair wires down to the shielding without damage
- Various stripping modes available
- End and window stripping functions
CMS Laser UV Laser Wire Marking and Stripping SystemDownload
Mark wires at high-speeds with a closed-loop encoder feedback system. Depending on the data being marked, our systems can reach speeds exceeding 120 inches per second.
The ultraviolet laser source is the best option for marking a wide range of insulation types and colors. This laser wavelength photochemically alters the insulation without heat transference to the underlying wires.
Our solutions are also available for marking metal wires like those used in the medical industry. Mark high-contrast distance bands around the circumference of stainless steel wires.
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with Control Micro Systems has been very easy. They have been attentive to our needs and worked to help us tremendously with our older model machine and new machines. We are pleased with the performance of their machines.
Working with the entire Control Micro Systems team on our project was a pleasure. CMS was capable of meeting and exceeding our goals. They successfully designed and built a machine which increased our throughput by 550%! We are so glad we chose to move forward with CMS.
CMS have been excellent partners in the development of new, complex equipment for our business. CMS built multiple machines for us. Each machine had a different purpose, however the CMS team worked openly & honestly with us to agree on optimal solutions for each one.
We Partner With You
To Develop Solutions, Solve Problems, & Create Efficiencies.