Pharmaceutical Laser Drilling Systems
Tablet Laser Drilling Systems for osmotic pump time-release medications. Drill single or multiple holes into oval, round, and LCTs with 200% vision inspection of each tablet.
Our tablet drilling systems are capable of drilling up to 140,000 tablets per hour with single or multi-hole drilling—orifice sizes from 0.2mm to 2.0mm. Drill holes needed for osmotic pump time-release medications in bi-layer, bi-color round tablets with 200% vision inspection. Systems can be configured for applying anti-counterfeit markings in the semipermeable coating, such as logos, pattern variations, or other identifiable markings during the drilling process at 70,000 per hour.
- High-speed, on-the-fly drilling and marking of pharmaceutical tablets
- Single or dual CO2 laser configuration for specific tablets and requirements
- Dual camera system for 200% vision inspection of each tablet
- True closed-loop feedback on-the-fly tracking of each tablet
- Superior bowl feeder and transport design provides smoother transitions, reduced tablet breakage and increased yield.
- Welded steel frame with FDA approved stainless steel contact surfaces
- Integrated oscilloscope and remote diagnostics
- Integrated ionizers for ESD control
- Full support for IQ, OQ, and PQ documentation
- CDRH Class I laser workstation with emergency stop push buttons
- Ergonomic arm with monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchscreen display
- CMS LaserDrill software with Windows® 10 64-bit operating system
- System meets all OSHA Safety Codes criteria and meets or exceeds GMP standards
*Overall system design and size will vary based on customer requirements and applications lab testing results prior to purchase.
Our Laser Drilling Technology
High-speed drilling for pharmaceutical tablets
On-the-Fly Laser Processing
Our high-speed tablet transport system allows us to achieve up to 140,000 tablets per hour with true closed-loop feedback tracking of each tablet.
Laser Drilling Tablets
Our systems can be configured for drilling and marking oval, round, and longitudinally compressed tablets (LCTs). Drill multiple holes and/or mark tablets with speed and precision.
200% Vision Inspection
Drilled holes are checked with dual camera systems before exiting the system. Failed tablets are blown off the conveyor into separate bins away from the successful product.
Superior Tablet Transport
Our tablet handling environment ensures smooth tablet transitions—reducing breakage and increasing yield. Dual or single bowl feeder designs and new LCT conveyor designs.
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with Control Micro Systems has been very easy. They have been attentive to our needs and worked to help us tremendously with our older model machine and new machines. We are pleased with the performance of their machines.
Working with the entire Control Micro Systems team on our project was a pleasure. CMS was capable of meeting and exceeding our goals. They successfully designed and built a machine which increased our throughput by 550%! We are so glad we chose to move forward with CMS.
CMS have been excellent partners in the development of new, complex equipment for our business. Initially they supported us through many rounds of product sample trials, gaining a thorough understanding of our requirements. As we progressed to the production stage for our products, CMS built multiple machines for us. Each machine had a different purpose, however the CMS team worked openly & honestly with us to agree on optimal solutions for each one.
We Partner With You
To Develop Solutions, Solve Problems, & Create Efficiencies.