Extrusion Line Cutting Systems
Initially developed for the irrigation industry for creating slits in drip tape, this technology is adaptable to any extrusion process requiring cuts or tiny holes.
As the pioneer of on-the-fly laser technology, our cutting systems for extrusion lines use closed loop feedback to accurately track material as it passes under the laser. This technology accounts for variations in line speed and can incorporate machine vision to validate part placement and process quality. Laser cut slits or small holes into low-density plastic tubing, thin foils, films and more.
- High-speed, on-the-fly cutting of extruded material for plastics.
- True closed-loop feedback on-the-fly laser cutting process
- Laser source is based on applications lab testing results
- Welded steel frame with aluminum paneling for long-lasting industrial use
- CDRH Class I laser workstation with emergency stop push button and laser-safe viewing window
- Ergonomic arm with monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchscreen display
- CMS LaserGraf5 software with Windows® 10 64-bit operating system
Extrusion Line Laser Cutting and Drilling Technology
Cut and drill small holes or slits in low-density plastic materials, such as irrigation drip tape, medical tubing, thin foils and more.
On-The-Fly Laser Processing
From slow to high speeds, our systems adjust in real time to changes in extrusion output. This ensures every cut or drilled hole is optically correct.
Monitor the process with an incorporated vision system to validate part alignment in real time.
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with Control Micro Systems has been very easy. They have been attentive to our needs and worked to help us tremendously with our older model machine and new machines. We are pleased with the performance of their machines.
Working with the entire Control Micro Systems team on our project was a pleasure. CMS was capable of meeting and exceeding our goals. They successfully designed and built a machine which increased our throughput by 550%! We are so glad we chose to move forward with CMS.
CMS have been excellent partners in the development of new, complex equipment for our business. CMS built multiple machines for us. Each machine had a different purpose, however the CMS team worked openly & honestly with us to agree on optimal solutions for each one.
We Partner With You
To Develop Solutions, Solve Problems, & Create Efficiencies.