UV Laser Cutting for PCBs
For depaneling of printed circuit boards used in microelectronics and medical devices. Lasers eliminate mechanical stress and the need for replacing routing bits—making this technology more cost effective.
Our standard ultraviolet laser cutting system for PCB depaneling features a water-cooled UV laser with through-the-optics vision (TTOV) and an XY table. These systems are popular for their non-charring cutting process that is required by most manufacturers. Using specialized fixtures and machine vision, intricate boards are able to be cut with extremely tight tolerances. Perfect for microelectronics and medical device manufacturers.
- Ultraviolet laser cutting source with XY table
- TTOV machine vision for high-speed locating of board fiducial markings
- Manual loading and unloading of fixture plates
- Specialized fixture plates designed for your specific board layouts
- Overall design features is dependent upon customer requirements
- Welded steel frame with aluminum paneling for long-lasting industrial use
- Ergonomic arm with 19” monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchscreen display
- CDRH Class I laser workstation with emergency stop push button
- CMS LaserGraf5 software with Windows® 10 64-bit operating system
CMS Laser PCB Depaneling SystemsDownload
*Overall system design and size will vary based on customer requirements and applications lab testing results prior to purchase.
UV Laser Depaneling
The ultraviolet wavelength produces the cleanest cuts available for depaneling circuit boards. Cut tiny circuits, flex boards and through common materials like FR4 and Teflon.
Our through-the-optics vision (TTOV) system utilizes the same optics as the laser. This enables high-speed vision detection of board fiducials in order to accurately align the laser cutting path.
Handling the part during the depaneling process requires a custom fixture designed for supporting the separated pieces.
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with Control Micro Systems has been very easy. They have been attentive to our needs and worked to help us tremendously with our older model machine and new machines. We are pleased with the performance of their machines.
Working with the entire Control Micro Systems team on our project was a pleasure. CMS was capable of meeting and exceeding our goals. They successfully designed and built a machine which increased our throughput by 550%! We are so glad we chose to move forward with CMS.
CMS have been excellent partners in the development of new, complex equipment for our business. CMS built multiple machines for us. Each machine had a different purpose, however the CMS team worked openly & honestly with us to agree on optimal solutions for each one.
We Partner With You
To Develop Solutions, Solve Problems, & Create Efficiencies.