Laser marking, cutting, drilling and welding components used in demanding aerospace applications. Direct part marking and deep engraving for traceability and production flow control.
- Satisfy UID requirements, mark logos, and more
- Mark and strip wires to aerospace SAE standards
Lasers for Aerospace
Precision is paramount for the aerospace industry. By minimizing the amount of defective parts, downtime and human error, our industry-leading laser solutions can help you meet your budget targets, as well as critical federal and international specifications.
Our laser systems can be used for ablating paint to create backlit panel displays, welding sensitive microelectronics and sensors, and for marking UID codes onto metal and plastic components. Lasers are highly versatile tools and offer advantages over traditional manufacturing methods.
Aerospace Laser Applications
Modern aircraft include millions of parts, which—in addition to the wires and cables—need marking. From cabin plastics to metal mechanical components, these parts typically require serial numbers, UID codes and other critical identifiers. Laser markings are permanent, abrasion resistant, and hold up to harsh atmospheric conditions.
- Mark logos and UID codes on a variety of materials
- Ablate paint on plastics for backlit buttons and panels
- Mark plastics containing additives for better contrast
Welding defects must be kept to a minimum on commercial aircraft and space vehicles, where distortion, cracks and porosity can lead to failure. While zero-defect welding is difficult to achieve outside a vacuum, laser welding provides superior seam quality compared to other methods.
- Easily adjust between parts, creating deep, mechanically strong welds, narrow hermetic seals—and everything in between
- Process parameters provide excellent repeatability weld to weld
- Less heat is transferred to the surrounding metal, lowering distortion at the weld seam
- Consistent energy to the weld spot provides excellent speed—up to 200 inches per minute—and seam quality
- The process eliminates voids and pockets for superior thermal control
- Achieve deeper welds and better weld aspect ratios
Laser Wire marking and stripping
Our lasers provide a high-quality, non-contact method for permanently marking wires and cables with alphanumeric characters, graphics or barcode information. Laser marking doesn’t damage the wire or change its electrical or mechanical properties.
Lasers are also used for wire stripping. This process causes no damage to the conductive material and is undoubtedly the easiest, most precise stripping method available today—easily meeting stringent NASA and FAA standards for conductor damage.
The Absolute Best Customer Service Around
Working with the entire Control Micro Systems team on our project was a pleasure. CMS was capable of meeting and exceeding our goals. They successfully designed and built a machine which increased our throughput by 550%! We are so glad we chose to move forward with CMS.
In the three years ACR has owned the CMS laser, it has worked flawlessly. In the few instances where ACR needed support in programming, CMS was quick to respond.
CMS have been excellent partners in the development of new, complex equipment for our business. CMS built multiple machines for us. Each machine had a different purpose, however the CMS team worked openly & honestly with us to agree on optimal solutions for each one.
Need Help Finding the Right Solution?
We don’t just build laser systems, we build partnerships.