Laser Applications Engineer
Join our team of laser applications engineers developing material processing solutions for the leaders in manufacturing. From automation to machine vision, our engineers utilize three laboratories and over a dozen laser sources from CO2 to ultraviolet wavelengths.
- Laser marking, cutting, drilling, and welding materials
- Work with nanosecond, femtosecond, and picosecond pulse widths
The Laser Applications Engineer performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Develop material processing laser applications
- Support sales department in all aspects related to applications
- Support all other departments as required for research and development, and design projects
- Provide support related to installation of new projects or existing customers
- Create accurate and trusted documentation of application work
- Assist in system calibrations
- Train field service personnel and engineers as required
- Assist all departments as required for systems in production
- Ability to develop application procedures and write a supporting document
- Ability to work independently and in a teamwork environment
- Competency with machine vision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competency to understand mechanical and electrical CAD files, and G-code
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and technical aptitude skills are required for this position
- Recommended but not required: competency with optical testing and diagnostics, beam profiling, power measurements, frequency analysis, laser beam alignment, …etc.
Additional considerations will be given for candidates with understanding of laser technology and experience in applications development.
Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM (i.e., ACT, Pipedrive, Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree in one or multiple of the following: Optics, Laser, Photonics, Physics, Electrical, Materials, or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong background knowledge recommended in geometrical optics, laser fundamentals, math, and light propagation and interaction
- 2 weeks paid personal time off for first 3 years. 3 weeks paid personal time off starting 4th year.
- 12 paid holidays per year including birthday off.
- Medical leave 40 hours per year. Health and Dental insurance are available with partial payment by company.
- Vision and life insurance are available at the employee’s expense.
- Short term and long-term disability insurance paid by company.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
Do You Have The Skills
Join our team of laser applications engineers working together to solve manufacturing challenges.