Field Service Engineer
Founded in 1983, CMS Laser manufactures automated high-tech laser-based material processing systems. Our rapidly expanding market share has created the immediate need for experienced Field Service Engineers.
- Must be able to relocate or commute to Winter Park, Florida
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time—including international travel
The Field Service Engineer performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Provide assistance to any of the projects for installation of equipment both locally and internationally.
- Perform telephone support to existing customers for trouble calls.
- Perform in-field support to existing customers for trouble calls.
- Assist in the preparation of training tools and manuals required for customer activities.
- Assist in day-to-day activities for systems being manufactured in the plant.
- Interface with customers to determine technical requirements.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- The ability to communicate clearly with end-users, peers and management will be critical to the success of this role.
- Support and respond to Quality Assurance during product lifecycle.
- Other duties as required.
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% which includes international travel. Valid Passport is a benefit.
- Strong Geometric Math skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to do repetitive bending and lifting of 50 lbs is required.
- Experience controlling electronic devices from software
- Control system devices through USB, Comport, Ethernet TCP/IP, MODBUS, etc. communications.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, equivalent military experience, or Associates Degree with 2 or more years’ experience in building and servicing electro-mechanical equipment.
- Medical/Pharma experience a plus.
Do You Have The Skills?
Join our team of engineering professionals working together to solve manufacturing challenges.